Filling the Gaps,
Helping Find Solutions!
The Petoskey Center is a small, specialized mental health private practice serving patients in the greater Houston-area.
We treat patients struggling with
a variety of mental health issues
We provide both intensive outpatient (IOP) and stand-alone group psychotherapy.
Our services can be particularly helpful when patients are:
- feeling stuck in treatment
- looking for more traction and forward momentum than their once- or twice-weekly therapy sessions are providing
- stepping down from inpatient hospitalization or residential treatment
All of our programming is provided in an outpatient setting which allows patients to remain at home and continue fulfilling their household, work and/or school responsibilities while engaged in intensive treatment.
Our experienced, well-trained clinicians help clients understand themselves, their symptoms, and find critical footing to get their lives back.
Fill the critical treatment gap between individual therapy and acute inpatient hospitalization by providing Intensive Outpatient psychotherapy services (IOP, stand-alone group therapy groups). This intensive programming allows patients to dive deep into treatment and, thus, more efficiently use their time to focus on healing.
Provide a variety of high-quality, group-based mental health treatment opportunities with the expressed goal of helping patients reduce their symptoms, relieve their suffering, increase their self-awareness, and improve their relationships.
Our Core Values
Intensive, Integrative Treatment Format
We offer the opportunity for patients to dive more deeply into treatment. Oftentimes, weekly individual therapy doesn’t feel like enough to reduce our clients’ emotional pain and difficulties with work or relationships. The Petoskey Center provides patients with the opportunity to experience intensive treatment without the need for inpatient or residential psychiatric hospitalization.
Petoskey Center’s intensive outpatient program (IOP) gives clients a safe place to:
- Explore the reasons behind their psychological struggles
- Learn and practice new skills for coping, managing, and preventing emotional crises,
- Identify a path forward for their goals within the realms of education, career, family, lifestyle, etc.
- Practice implementing real change both in and outside of the therapy setting
- Utilize the interactions of group members to create more effective and satisfying relationships
- Understand their emotional worlds in the context of their careers and important relationships
Expert & Experienced Clinical Treatment Team
Our diverse treatment team is made up of experienced clinicians who have expertise across theoretical and clinical frameworks, including mentalizing, psychodynamic and interpersonal orientations, dialectical behavior therapy, and family systems.
Consequently, this gives
- clients an opportunity to be informed consumers as they learn different therapeutic styles and discover which styles that are particularly helpful for their needs
- clinicians a better foundation for understanding the complexity of clients unique situations and a broader skill set to address the underlying issues that get in the way of clients reaching their full potentials
Engaged, Caring, & Supportive Patient Milieu
One of the most important dynamics of group work is the establishment of strong connections between clients. We require that clients attend all nine groups together. This gives clients the opportunity to learn about each other and carry that understanding from one group to the next.
Clients form a strong community in which they can build trust, take healthy emotional risks, and work on implementing new patterns of functioning. Ultimately, these rich connections allow clients to feel safe as they challenge themselves to address the difficult issues that brought them to treatment in the first place.
Small Staff: Patient Ration and Quality, Personalized Care
We limit our group size to 9 clients in order to provide a more intimate and safe environment to explore who they are. Given the intensity of our program, we make every effort to ensure that clients needs match the resources of our program. This assures that clients who are accepted into our program are more likely to connect with others in the program and will be able to utilize these connections for their healing and growth.
In many ways, our intensive outpatient program is like a mini-laboratory. Patients are encouraged to learn new skills, practice those skills with one another, and observe themselves and each other as a way to learn more about their patterns.
We provide affordable treatment options that help patients get the support, structure, and treatment intensity
they need to live their lives to the fullest.
Interested in learning about our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?
Interested in learning more about our specialty group options?